Thursday, October 3, 2013

We have broken ground!

We had our pre-construction meeting on Monday afternoon and building began on Tuesday morning.  As we walked the lot on Monday, it became very clear that the grading of the lot was not going to work for us.  The backyard was too sloped to be used as a playground area for the kids and I worried about water draining towards our foundation.  It was definitely an interesting conversation to have with our PM (as we had just met him that day) to explain to him that yes, I love my floor plan, yes I love the location of the house, but NO I do not like this yard and it's not okay that it stays that way.  

So, he calmly listened and said "he will see what he can do".  He called my husband yesterday and let him know he was bringing an excavator in to move tons of dirt.  We stopped by to see the progress and were pleasantly greeted by a much more reasonable grade.  Here is what we have so far....


view of our lot...much of the ground has been regraded but still more to do





view from the back corner

we have front steps!

side view of our front steps

view from back corner of our lot 

No comments:

Post a Comment