Thursday, October 3, 2013

Here we go!

I admit it.  I am a "blog stalker".  I have spent endless hours scouring the internet for feedback, suggestions, opinions, etc. related to building a Ryan Home.  Since these blogs have helped me so much on our family's journey to build our home, I thought I would return the favor and start one of our own.  So, here we go!

Our journey to building began about 2 months ago (well, let's be serious, I stalk realtor.com nearly as much as I do blogs so in all honesty, I had been dreaming about moving for the last year or so) when my husband ventured over to the new subdivision and inquired about the layouts .  The opportunity to have a full finished basement (which is unusual in this area) was what initially drew us to the neighborhood.  Our vision for the basement was quickly clouded by the price tag which put the house out of our budget.  But the salesperson let us know that a finished attic option had just been added to one of the models we were considering.

So, we put a hold on a lot, got our house ready for the market in about 2 1/2 weeks and listed it on August 23.  On the morning of August 24, we had a full price offer on the house....and they wanted us out in 30 days.  Our move was now in overdrive.  My parents have graciously allowed us to live with them for the 3 months or so it will take to build our home. 

We are excited to be building a Milan (elevation C) with Ryan homes.  We have kept the 3 bedroom and loft option because we added the attic bedroom and full bath.  It puts our house at just over 3000 square feet with 4 bedrooms, a loft, and 3.5 bathrooms.  MORE than enough room for our family of 4 (and 2 dogs).

We home you enjoy following our journey! 

our finished attic (with fourth bedroom and full bath)

our 2nd floor
our first floor (no morning room...hoping to add screened porch)



our elevation...we will have this house but reverse (garage on left)

No comments:

Post a Comment